Why this website sucks: A rant on poor web design

I have just had an epiphany of biblical proportions:

Fixed-width websites suck.

Okay, so it's not a huge revelation, but still, I was quite proud of myself. Why is it that website designers think they know how large I want their website to appear on my screen? I have two 20" monitors, and many websites show content in less than half of my browser window.

Any decent website would have a template that showed content at whatever resolution the viewer wanted.


That's why there'll be some changes around here. I'm going to try and design my own blogger template, or at least rip of someone else's good work and call it my own.

Edit:

Round one of changes has been completed. The new theme is based on the stretch-denim blogspot theme, with a few revisions of my own.